Despite the oppositions from the Chamber of Commerce and Guam Contractors Association, Abercrombie’s amendment to the 2010 National Defense Authorization Act is good for the people of Guam. Abercrombie added two amendments which are (1) contractors under federal contracts pay their employees the prevailing wage similar to Hawaii and (2) only 30% of the workforce can be comprised of temporary foreign workers while the remaining 70% U.S. workers. This will bring in an additional $10Billion Federal dollars to Guam. This will raise the incredibly low wages we have while at the same time prevent contractors from hiring temporary foreign workers over local U.S. workers due to the fact it is cheaper for them. The corporate greed and the abuse of workers needs to stop and Abercrombie’s amendment will prevent this starting at the federal level.

%d bloggers like this:
WordPress Security