The Guam Department of Education has announced the 2017 Teacher of the Year program which recognizes and honors effective teachers in public schools. Each school community is invited to nominate candidates from their jurisdiction.
The Nomination deadline is February 17, 2017 at 5:00pm. Nomination forms are available on the GDOE web-site for the general public. However, GDOE employees can visit the GDOE web-site to use the on-line nomination form. For more information, you can contact Ms. Emily Salas at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Manibusan at email@example.com or call 300-1623/4.
A candidate for Teacher of the Year is an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled teacher in any state-approved or accredited school; prekindergarten through grade twelve, who is planning to continue in an active teaching status. The National Teacher of the Year candidate has the respect and admiration of their colleagues and meets the following criteria:
• Is a certified teacher who works with the Guam Department of Education for 5 years or more.
• Collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success.
• Deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large.
• Demonstrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning.
• Expresses themselves in an engaging and articulate way.
To be eligible for the 2017 Guam Department of Education Teacher of the Year Program a completed application packet must be submitted on or before 5:00PM February 27, 2017 to:
Student Support Services Division
500 Mariner Ave.
Attention: Deputy Erika Cruz: TOY Selection Committee
After submission of the application packets, the field will be narrowed down to no more than fifteen (15) semi-finalists who will proceed to the interview stage. Upon completion of the interviews, the field will then be further narrowed to no more than six (6) finalists who advance to the on-site classroom observation stage. The 2017 Guam Department of Education Teacher of the Year will be officially announced on April 27, 2017 at the Teacher of the Year gala event at the Hyatt.
For additional information please call Nikki Monforte at 300-1626 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.