The GFT Office will be closed at 12 noon today in preparation of Typhoon Yutu. Please stay updated with the Advisory links below.
• Roll up carpets away from doors and windows
• Make lighting supplies easily accessible
• Unplug all appliances and ensure energy breakers are switched off once damaging winds approach (forecast to be by late Wednesday afternoon)
• Locate or prepare your emergency preparedness kits for your household and ensure every family member is aware of its location; stock up on non-perishable food items and water for your household, flashlights, first-aid kits, batteries, matches or lighters, portable stove, toiletries, etc. Visit https://www.ready.gov/
• Secure important documents such as birth certificates, tax papers, and insurance documents and keep copies in a water-proof bag
• If you live in an area prone to flooding, cover beds and furniture with plastic to prevent water damage
• Stay up to date in the event there are changes in weather conditions or Conditions of Readiness
• Do your laundry now
• Secure your home – put shutters on windows, completely board up your home if it cannot withstand damaging winds
• Ensure the gas valve is shut off once damaging winds approach (forecast to be by late afternoon Wednesday)
• Clear loose debris around your yard and store any items that may become airborne with heavy winds such as canopies, tarps and trampolines, before inclement weather arrives
• Clear vegetation
• Take down any temporary signs, including those for political campaigns, advertisements, and any other wooden or loosely placed items that have the ability to lift in heavy winds and cause damage to life and property
• Gas your vehicles and get fuel for your generators while the weather is clear
• Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action; clear drainage areas and un-block clogged storm drains in your area now to minimize the chance of flooding.
• Avoid camping, parking, or hiking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
• Visit https://www.
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
• NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.
• NWS Facebook: https://www.
• GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
• GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.
• Governor Calvo Facebook: https://www.
• Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.
For more information, contact the GHS/OCD 24/7 watch desk at (671) 475-9600 or (671) 482-7019.