GFT’s COPE Committee (Committee on Political Education) is dedicated to ensuring members are updated and educated when it comes to elections. The Progressive Democrats of Guam (PDG) submitted a 6-question survey to all Senatorial candidates on October 1st. PDG’s survey seeks to raise important issues for candidates and voters and give us an opportunity to better inform Guam voters by evaluating candidates on issues of importance, such as:
- Unemployment insurance
- Layoffs caused by cutting the Business Privilege Tax
- Providing additional compensation for essential workers
- Providing PPE for workers
- Advancing healthcare for all
- Enhancing enforcement of environmental protection laws
PDG highlighted seven of those candidates’ responses. Their responses can be viewed here.
*GFT is not endorsing any candidates for 2020 elections.